Friday, September 10, 2010

Etsy Houston Profiles - Celia of CeliaCloweCreations

I am a Houston, TX self-trained artist and an overeducated geologist with a Renaissance collection of skills and talents. Nature is my constant source of energy and inspiration in my mixed media collage art. I adore metal and found objects.
I am from all over! My family moved every 2 years b/c of job changes and the oil business. (I went to high school in Houston, TX.)
CeliaCloweCreations creates and sells unique, original mixed media collage art, specializing in etched metal collage. I originated Spirit Blocks, which are smallish wooden blocks that are painted and embellished with etched metal and found objects. Spirit Blocks invoke a personal connection with your spirit and can be placed anywhere to remind you during the day to refresh, renew and inspire your spirit.
I opened an ETSY shop as a store front for the Spirit Blocks. I love the community and diversity of artist with a presence on ETSY and wanted to be a part of the happening! I like to sell online and in person.
I am inspired by Kelly Rae Roberts and a host of other mixed media collage artists!

No comments: