Monday, October 11, 2010

Etsy Houston Profiles - Sharon of ArtL8dy

Name: Sharon Hendry


my shop: ArtL8dY

Where are you from? Niagara Falls, New York
Where do you live? Houston (Timbergrove Manor)
What types of things do you make/sell?
I'm selling unique mini fiber art which I call "les petites images cousues" (translation: small sewn pictures). I also sell fabric cuff bracelets.

How long have you been crafting? about 10 years

When did you decide to open up a shop?
This summer (summer of 2010)

Do you prefer to sell your crafts online or in person? Or both?
Online

Do you have a second job?  If so, what is it?
I teach at HCC. I'm a digital communication professor at the West Loop campus
What inspired you to start crafting?
Houston Quilt Show (held every year at the George R. Brown in late Oct/early Nov)
Have you learned anything along the way, as far as your business is
concerned?
Time, patience, tenacity
What other hobbies or interests do you have?
Anything related to art

Who inspires you? 
Do you have any tips to share with newbies?
There's a lot of helpful hints on the Etsy site. I like the Community link where you can connect on the forums and virtual labs.

1 comment:

Flora Frock and Fauna said...

Beautiful, Sharon! Love your work.